November 23, 2010

I did it!

As mentioned here, I ran in my very first 5K over the weekend. Unfortunately for me, there were no wine samples, but there was beautiful scenery to look at! I suppose not many people want to sample wine at 9 am after running three miles. Whatever, I say.

Back to the race, I ended up having to run it alone! Sad face. My bf caught a nasty cold towards the end of the week, and had to take himself out. We were both totally bummed, but it would have been a really bad idea to run in the cold while battling a cold... So, I gathered my courage, and he came along as my photographer and support system :)
There I am - way behind the vineyards!

I ended up running really well! The course was very hilly, which I didn't love. I ended up with an official time of 28:54 (my goal was to finish under 30 min yay!) I wasn't fast enough to get a nifty trophy (top 3 per age bracket), but I did finish 6th in my age bracket. Overall it was a pretty cool experience. I definitely want to do another 5K soon, but maybe on flatter ground next time :)
Making my way up the hill (I have my jacket tied around my waist like a cool kid)

I did it! And I beat the 10 year old behind me... yea!

Now, time to eat lots of turkey and food this week.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



4 comments:

  1. Get it girl! And I would have been totally down to try some wine after a 5K, too! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Next time I will come cheer you on and drink wine. I'll try to beat my previous best wine-drinking time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the 5k! Boo on the no wine. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, although I am VERY proud of you for running this race, I do wish that you would update your blog.

    ReplyDelete