September 9, 2010

Trying to be more studious...

In my attempts to stop watching so much tv and read more often, I decided to read Eat Pray Love.


I know, I know... I'm only a few years too late for this one! When the movie came out, I decided that before I saw the lovely Julia Roberts on screen, I would make myself read the story first. It only took me about 4 weeks.... hey, I'm a slow reader and I get distracted! My overall opinion of the book is that it was entertaining. If I'm being honest though, there were parts of it that were a total snoozefest. For example, the whole section where you read about every detail of her silent meditation - not SO much my cup of tea. My favorite section was Indonesia, because there was love, friendship, humor, and fun. I'm glad that it ended on a more exciting note, otherwise I may have put it down never to be picked up again.

Now, it's time for me to go see the movie! I have heard many mixed opinions; some hate the movie and some love it. I have a feeling it won't be my favorite movie of all time, but I'm a Julia fan and I've heard the scenery is beautiful. So, I may just pop up to the movie theater one afternoon and do a solo viewing. Can't wait!

Up next on my list, I just picked up Lauren Weisberger's new book, Last Night at Chateau Marmont.


She's the author of Devil Wears Prada, which I also read before seeing the movie! This book looks cute, it is about an every day NY couple struggling to make ends meet. Then, the musician husband hits it big and they have to deal with the struggles of fame and paparazzi. We'll see how long it takes me to read this one!


2 comments:

  1. hehe I never read eat pray love - not sure I want to see the movie. I'm very weird about that book? Don't know why?? Guess I just don't get the main character!

    I want to read her new book too! Let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am FINALLY reading Eat, Pray, Love right now too - and I loved the Italy part (I am appreciative of amazing food just like she is) but have yet to get into the India part ... ! The other book sound so cute, one of my favs is DWP :)

    ReplyDelete