August 20, 2010

Chow Down at Chow Baby!

On Wednesday, I got roped into helping my parents move some furniture in their townhouse in Midtown {because of my new bootcamp guns, of course}. In return, my dad said he would take us to Chow Baby for some dinner! I introduced my parents to this place a while back, and my dad just loves it now.

The way Chow Baby works is, you basically make your own lunch or dinner. You grab a bowl up at the giant buffet looking line, and pick your choice of carb. Brown or white rice, lo mein noodles, chicken noodles, and a few others are some tasty options. Then comes your veggies. There is pretty much every type of veg imaginable: baby corn, spinach, peppers, beans, cilantro, bok choy, mandarin oranges, and a million more.

After you get your rice and veggies, you get to the sauces line. There are also tons of sauces there, and you can even mix them up to make it fun! At the beginning of the line, all of the sauces and their associated nutrition facts are listed on the wall, which is useful to know which ones are decent to eat and which ones will make your pants not fit the next day. There are also a bunch of "recipes" of ways that you can mix up the sauces to make new flavors. It's like art class, but so much better.

Girl in green shirt spilled sauce all over my feet. Not pleased with her.
After sauces, comes protein - Sausage, beef, pork, chicken, salmon, scallops are some of the options you have. You get a separate bowl for this, so not to put all that raw food next to all your veggies, and then you are able to put some seasoning on the meat too.
Chow Baby chefs!
After you drop your food off at the chef area, you just go back to your table and hang out until the food is ready. They bring it over to you all cooked together in its deliciousness for you to chow down on!
I'm a skilled chopstix user, until I get too impatient.
Personally, I love the black bean garlic sauce on mine. 2-3 scoops of sauce is perfect, with tons of veggies, lo mein noodles, and some chicken and beef. I also went back for some seconds to try the thai bbq sauce, which was pretty tasty as well. Yes, that's right - seconds! You can go unlimited times, but to be honest, you'll be pretty full after the first bowl :)

After dinner, we went back to the townhouse so I could say bye to this little guy, Cooper! He's my parents' pooch, whom I often puppysit for :) Love him!

Happy Friday everyone!
Anyone have big plans over the weekend? I am going ziplining in North Ga tomorrow morning.. A post to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment